Sunday, February 4, 2024

Bring on the Bad Guys: Invisible Destroyer

Real name: N/A

First appearance: Showcase I#23 2/2 (Nov./Dec.1959)

Abilities: Being invisible 

Worst act: Theft, attempted murder

Quote: "I feed on radiation! Each dose that I absorb makes me more powerful! Soon I will be the most powerful being on Earth!"

Created by: John Broome (script), Gil Kane (pencils), Joe Giella (inks)


Odd that an invisible man would insist on wearing a full outfit with a cape. Kind of defeats the point of being invisible, doesn't it?

But yeah, it seems that Dr. Phillips and his imagination (plus all that radiation) caused him to create a being. A being that feeds on radiation and if he has to denotate a nuke to get a bit to eat? That's what he'll do. 

An odd villain, with some shades of Forbidden Planet thrown in for good measure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment