Monday, February 12, 2024

Bring on the Bad Guys: 3 Thieves

Real names: Woozy, Chip

First appearance: Green Lantern II#4 2/2 (Jan./Feb. 1961)

Abilities: Bluffing 

Worst act: Theft 

Quote: "I found I could make it, Carol--so I just opened the throttle on my green beam--and here I am! But don't let me interrupt things!"

Created by: John Broome (script), John Broome/Mike Sekowsky/Ross Andru/Carmine Infantino (pencils), Joe Giella (inks)


The Weaponers are once again the foes in the first story. Here, we have a rather convoluted yarn. Hal crashes a party, despite Green Lantern being the one invited. Woozy; however, and along with his two pals, shows up as the Green Lantern.

Hal quickly figures it out. He actually does very little, as Carol is the one to unmask Woozy. Woozy then asks the guest for their valuables so he can go around the world with them. The guests, shockingly, agree. Once everyone puts their cash and such on a table, Chip and the other guy cut the power and split. 

Hal finally leaps into action and easily catches the trio. A bit silly, and if a few parlor tricks is all it takes to convince someone you're outer space cop, well, I guess things really were simpler back in the 60's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment