Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Horror Host 2022 Retrospective: Gravely and Grizelda MacCabre

Real names: Ricky and Karen Dick

Years active: 2006 to 2009

Now this is a host from the Keystone State that I actually watched. Castle Blood Midnight Monster Hop started on Uniontown PA's HSTV Channel 9 in 2006 before moving to West Virgina. 2008 saw them debut in Maryland, and 2009 saw them making their national debut on the Retro Television Network. 


Based out of the now sadly closed Castle Blood, Gravely MacCabre and his clan hosted the finest in public domain features. I had the chance to watch the show during its run RTN. It was fine, but I supposed my biggest issue with the show was the cast. They weren't bad but I'm hard pressed to recall another show that had nine reoccurring characters. The jokes were fine and the movies were a good kind of cheese. If its rerunning in your area, check it out.  




No comments:

Post a Comment