Saturday, June 13, 2015

Sir Christopher Lee, 1922-2015

It's been said with the passing of Christopher Lee we've seen the last of the old guard. Lee was the last man who worked in both the Golden Age of horror movie and Hollywood. He helped put Hammer Films on the map, and was one of the most proficient actors of almost any generation.

Frankly there's not much more I can add to this. The man's life and career have been summarized and celebrated across a dozen sites and by people far more qualified to discuss the man's life. Personally I'd recommend reading Dr. Gangrene's blog or Armagideon Time (both in the links).

I could discuss his films, his war time activities, or even his music career, but there is simply not enough room to discuss the sheer volume of the man's life. I wish I had the opportunity to have met the man. Lee was always professional. Even when the film was terrible, Lee could take any part and make it memorable.


I was going add some references to some of the roles he'd played, but I think the time would be better spent with a good toast with this in the background


God rest and keep you sir. We'll never see your like again.


No comments:

Post a Comment