Sunday, January 14, 2018

TNA Wrestling, or why I shouldn't be a Booker

2018 and Total Nonstop Action Wrestling is still in business. I know, it's called Impact Wrestling now, but who would have figured that a company that seems to do everything wrong would still be in business?

Yes, a bit snarky to rag on a wrestling company, but I counter by showing what I'd do if the Jarretts hired me back in 2002.




Get the titles right

Personally I've always been a fan of title belts. The design, the significance; a perfect way to establish a wrestler with the crowd.

So, for the first year I'd focus on three: World Heavyweight, X Division, and the World Tag Team.

Get the scene correct. I'd get the inaugural champs crowned ASAP, maybe all by the third show. From there I'd spend the rest of the year making the divisions clear (establishing the stars, seeing how the audience reacts, etc.)

Year two, I'd introduce new titles: Television title and the Knockouts title (women's title).

The Television title would be for the midcard and let the guys who aren't in the world scene fight over something. The Knockouts, well, the WWE was mostly using models instead of wrestlers, so why give the crowd something different?

Year three I'd introduce the final title, namely the Knockouts Tag Team. Why not? By this point there should be enough women to support such a title, and again, it is something the WWE wasn't doing at the time.

Because that's the thing-don't offer the exact same thing as your competition. If the WWE wanted to shove Triple H down everyone's throat, why not give them a genuine alternative?

That would also be ALL the titles. Six and no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment