Sunday, February 13, 2022

Bring on the Bad Guys: The Gang

 Real names: Unrevealed 

First appearance: Teen Titans I#11 (Sept.-Oct.1967)

Abilities: Piloting a giant sea monster

Worst act: Blackmail, theft

Created by: Bob Haney (script), Irving H. Novick (pencils) Nick Cardy (inks), and Stan Starkman (letters)


Yeah, theses guys don't even rank a proper name. When Speedy shows up, the Titans plot their most daring mission yet: Summer jobs!

I mean, Robin and Speedy are wards of millionaires and Wonder Girl and Aqualad are essentially royalty, so part time employment isn't exactly a hassle for them. 

Turns out, the team is going undercover at a nearby lake do the request sent from Willie Gregson. He's the summer intern (basically) for Dr. Finley. Willie is also being blackmailed by the Gang. Seems Willie's dad did a stint in jail and unless Willie helps them the whole town will know about it. 

Which is odd, as information like that is usually public knowledge anyway, but I digress. 

The Gang decides to go about this by building a giant submarine to look like a sea monster and have it attack the lake. I would think that would attact more attention, but I don't have matching diving suits, so what do I know?

Not terrible but the bad guys are so generic I'm struggling to recall what they look like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment